Create Your League
HuntLeague is an innovative brand, modernizing the way hunters capture and share their stories. We want to partner with other innovative brands and create new ways for hunters to connect, compete, and learn from one another in leagues.
Create a league that supports your brand. Why stop with one league? Design one for employees, another for your brand ambassadors, and yet another for your current or target consumers. Create a spring league for turkey then a fall league for deer & waterfowl. Want to spice it up a bit? Call out a sister or rival company and lay out the gauntlet. Leagues are fun and with a little creativity you can build something really special for your brand that will bring people together and create memories that will last a lifetime.
This is a slam dunk for local shop owners, hunting clubs, and other small businesses in the outdoor space. You gain immediate access to your customers stories and can celebrate them in some of their biggest moments without having to wait for them to walk through your doors. Create a shop trophy or plaque that gets updated and added to every year. It’s okay to start small but it will be exciting to watch your community and business grow as your league develops over time.
Interested in sponsoring a league without creating one on your own. Contact [email protected] and we will help you get connected to the right leagues that will best serve you.
The process of creating a league is relatively straight forward. You may have some questions along the way in which case you can email [email protected]. Before you fill out the League Application, take a minute to review what type of league you want to create:
Create a private league just for your customers, employees, and/or ambassadors. You could also choose to make one exclusive to the people on your company mailing list. Private leagues require an invitation or league code to view or join. They are not listed with other leagues on the JOIN tab of the main League page for HuntLeague members to find. This is a great option if you are looking to create an exclusive way to connect with your existing core audience.
- One person from your organization must be designated as the league admin. That responsibility can shift after the league is created but only one person has admin privileges at a time.
- There are no minimum prize requirements in private leagues. You have complete control of prizes or titles to be awarded.
- The League Pass – Most leagues require members to purchase a League Pass subscription ($14.99) to participate.
- HuntLeague charges a $50 fee to create, test, and publish private leagues for outdoor brands. This fee includes a 10pk starter bundle that unlocks The League Pass subscription ($14.99/year) for 10 designated users. Brands that offer product sponsorship in excess of $500 for HuntLeague’s Outdoorsman of the Year or other main leagues are eligible to have this fee waived and may gain additional League Pass subscriptions.
- Additional League Pass subscriptions may be purchased in bulk: $99/10pk.
- Want a cash prize league where members contribute? Cash prize entry fees and distribution of winnings may be listed on your league page but all transactions must be completed outside of the HuntLeague app. Cash leagues must include a disclaimer in the league user agreement that all payments and payouts for the league are the sole responsibility of the league host/admin which must be listed with contact information. Both Apple and Android charge significant fees for in app purchases and transactions. There are several fantasy sports related services such as LeagueSafe that can provide more efficient entry and payout options for cash leagues.
- Managing league members: The league admin is the only one that can invite from within the app, approve, or remove league members. If your private league code is used, the member attempting to join will be listed as pending until approved. You can designate if league messaging is open to you alone, designated contributors, or everyone in the league and adjust these settings at any time.
Public leagues are visible to all members in the HuntLeague Community. They do not require a special invite or league entry code. Members can freely view and join a public league as it will be listed under the JOIN tab on the main Leagues page. You can make a league public while narrowing public visibility to a specific state/region or primary species. Public leagues may also include custom requirements such as a member number, company email, or proof of purchase in order to join.
- Your brand would be responsible to provide a hunting/outdoor related prize package that exceeds a combined MSRP value of $1000 or $500 if the league is limited to a single state. That value may be for a single product or combined value of up to 10 products.
- Prize packages are not limited to physical items and may include experiences or some other value related to an outdoor lifestyle.
- Offering a discount on a product is not considered a valid prize package. However, product discounts can be listed as a prize for league winners or all league members in addition to the qualifying prize package.
- In addition to the qualifying league prizes, your company would need to provide at least one product that exceeds $50 MSRP value to HuntLeague’s Outdoorsman of the Year prize package. To be listed as a sponsor for the Outdoorsman of the Year League the MSRP value must exceed $250. To have a product listed with a link, the combined value for that item must exceed $100. Approved products that exceed $500 are eligible for special designation. Meaning you would be eligible to create the prize category or potentially select the winner of that product during the live event. Outdoorsman of the Year sponsors and prize packages remain visible for a minimum of 5 years in the app under PAST leagues.
- In general, prizes awarded must be new in original packaging. Some exceptions may apply for products that have antique/nostalgic value or items that carry a high resale value or would still be listed in like new condition.
- HuntLeague charges a $100 fee to create, test, and publish a public league hosted by an outdoor brand. This fee will be waved for subsequent years or leagues once there is a proven track record of app usage, engagement, and confirmed delivery of promised prize packages.
- Public leagues are visible in the app during the time the league is live and one year after the completion of the league under past leagues. This allows you to highlight past winners and provides additional exposure for your products or additional sponsors.
*After exploring the league options, you may decide joining an existing league is actually a better fit for your brand as it provides exposure with minimal setup effort.
The First Step
Always the hardest but the only way forward. Complete the League Application which includes all the information that will be visible and relevant to your league.
Need help? Contact [email protected]
Once complete, it is manually uploaded and approved by a HuntLeague team member. You will then be notified to view and give your final approval. This process may take up to 5 business days to complete but can be done same day.
Pay to Play
Invite Your Buddies
Leagues don’t make sense without buddies. What are you waiting for? Send those invitations, share your league code, and get the party started!