Create Your League
Let’s create something special. A league for you and your buddies that fits your style of hunting. The process is easy and once you know the type of league you want to create it can be live in HuntLeague within a day or two. Be sure to take a few minutes to read the requirements below so you understand the difference between a public and private league. Get creative and have fun building out your league.
You may have some questions along the way in which case you can email [email protected].
Private League: (Most Common)
Generally this type of league is meant for a group of hunting buddies that want to compete, share stories, talk smack, and develop as hunters. Think fantasy sports except these leagues are based on your performance and include life and death!
- Private leagues are not visible to all members in the HuntLeague Community. These leagues can only be accessed by a private invitation from the admin/host of the league or entering a private league code. If your league code is used, that member will be listed as pending until the league admin approves them in the league. League admins are the only ones that can invite, approve, or remove league members.
- There are no minimum prize requirements in private leagues.
- HuntLeague charges a $20 fee to create, test, and publish private leagues.
- The League Pass – Most leagues require members to purchase a League Pass Subscription. Currently the League Pass subscription is $14.99 per year. Leagues hosts may purchase a nonrefundable bulk pack which includes 10 subscriptions for $99.
- Want a Cash Prize League? Cash prize entry fees and distribution of winnings may be listed on your league page but all transactions must be completed outside of the HuntLeague app. Cash leagues must include a disclaimer in the league user agreement that all payments and payouts for the league are the sole responsibility of the league host/admin which must be listed with contact information. Both Apple and Android charge significant fees for in app purchases and transactions. There are several fantasy sports related services such as LeagueSafe that can provide more efficient entry and payout options for cash leagues.
Public League: (Rare)
Public leagues are visible to all members in the HuntLeague Community. They do not require a special invite or league entry code. Members can freely view and join a public league as it will be listed under the JOIN tab on the main Leagues page. Hosts can make a league public while narrowing public visibility to a specific state/region or primary species. Public leagues may have custom requirements such as a member number, company email, or proof of purchase in order to join.
This type of league would be extremely rare and may not be approved as it would be highly visible and not managed by HuntLeague or a known entity. Still have your heart set on creating a public league? Here are a few requirements for this type of league:
- You are responsible to provide a hunting/outdoor related prize package that exceeds a combined MSRP value of $1000 or $500 if the league is limited to a single state. That value may be from a single product or combined value of up to 10 products.
- Prize packages are not limited to physical items and may include experiences or some other value related to an outdoor lifestyle.
- Offering a discount on a product is not considered a valid prize package. However, product discounts can be listed as a prize for league winners or all league members in addition to the qualifying prize package.
- In addition to the above listed prizes, you must provide at least one approved outdoor related product that exceeds $50 MSRP value to HuntLeague’s Outdoorsman of the Year prize package. To be listed as a sponsor with a link to the product the MSRP value must exceed $250. Approved products that exceed $250 value are eligible for special designation. Meaning you would be eligible to create the prize category or potentially select the winner for this prize in the Outdoorsman of the Year competition.
- In general, prizes awarded must be new in original packaging. Some exceptions may apply for products that have antique/nostalgic value or items that carry a high resale value or would still be listed in like new condition.
- HuntLeague charges a $50 (single state) or $100 (global/nationwide) fee to create, test, and publish a public league hosted by an individual.
- If you would prefer to Sponsor an existing league rather than create your own, please contact HuntLeague by emailing [email protected].
The First Step
Always the hardest but the only way forward. Complete the League Application which includes all the information that will be visible and relevant to your league.
Need help? Contact [email protected]
Once complete, it is manually uploaded and approved by a HuntLeague team member. You will then be notified to view and give your final approval. This process may take up to 5 business days to complete but can be done same day.
Pay to Play
Invite Your Buddies
Leagues don’t make sense without buddies. What are you waiting for? Send those invitations, share your league code, and get the party started!